THE SOUND OF a friendly home
We are located where others want to go. Situated in the heart of Vienna is the perfect starting point for your stay: Das Tigra. Whether St. Stephen's Cathedral, the Vienna State Opera, the Vienna Stock Exchange, or Hofburg Palace, each of these nearby attractions comes with fascinating history – as does our hotel itself in which Mozart resided. Comprehensive museums guarantee exciting visits full of enlightenment when it comes to art and natural history.
Charming cafes and exquisite restaurants as well as the shops of internationally renowned designers top off the life of comfort. The wonderful thing is that you can go for a stroll anytime here: take one step out of the hotel and you are right in the middle of the great city of Vienna. Thanks to the sincere hospitality of the third generation family-run hotel, you will feel absolutely taken care of and right at home.
For business travelers, we offer excellent amenities for meetings and conferences. Whatever reason leads you to Vienna, time spent in the hotel is a time of comfort and security. We will attentively look after you so that your Vienna becomes the Vienna that we all love.
THE SOUND OF Mozart's residence
He was only 6 years old. Could you already play an instrument at this tender age? If the answer is yes, then we would like to congratulate you! Without music, life would be bland, and it's even more wonderful when you can play music yourself. But certainly you couldn't sight-read!? Six year old Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart could do just this, and he played for the first time in Vienna in October 1762 at the Palais Collalto in the "Am Hof" square. This palace is located only a few meters from the hotel.
You won't believe where he lived from mid October to December 1762 along with his father Leopold Mozart and his sister "Nannerl"? In hotel "Das Tigra"! To be honest, our beautiful house was not yet a hotel at that time; the Mozart family lived with Gottlieb Friedrich Fischer. During these weeks, young Mozart played his legendary concert in the presence of Empress Maria Theresa. This enthusiastically applauded performance established his reputation as a musical child prodigy throughout Europe.
In summer 1773, 17-year old Mozart resided at Tiefer Graben 18 on the occasion of this third visit to Vienna and once again slept where you will sleep if you choose to stay at our hotel! Having matured into a confident musician, W.A. Mozart composed his early works at this time. Perhaps the muse will inspire you too? Let us know if a ground-breaking idea occurs to you!
THE SOUND OF a crunchy croissant
Enjoy our diverse breakfast buffet. Begin your day amid radiant colors with comfortable furnishings and all kinds of delectable choices. The buffet caters to your every wish with an opulent selection of fresh fruit, organic juices, whole foods, small pastries, and other tempting treats. Our attentive staff is also more than happy to serve you lactose-free and gluten-free foods.
Our breakfast buffet will fuel you with energy for a perfect day!
Breakfast hours are weekdays from 6:30 - 10:30 am as well as weekends and public holidays from 7:00 - 11:00 am.
Frequently asked questions at our hotel
- How far is it to St. Stephen's Square? You are within 10 minutes' walking distance of St. Stephen's Square.
- How does Internet function at the hotel? The reception will provide you with a unique access code for each of your Internet-capable devices.
- How does the air-conditioning work? During the summer months, you can adjust your own air-conditioner in your room.
- Can the window be opened? You can open your window for additional fresh air. Whenever the window is open, the air-conditioning switches off automatically.
- Can the room be blacked out? Our decorative curtains provide ample protection against unwanted light coming through your window.
- Do you have bedclothes especially for allergy-sufferers? Upon request, we will be happy to provide you with bedsheets, blankets etc. suitable for guests with allergy issues. Enquire well in advance about rooms that feature parquet flooring.
- Is the hotel entrance open at night? You can enter and exit the hotel around the clock. Our reception is staffed for you 24 hours a day.
- Does the hotel have a fitness area? 3 minutes' walk from our hotel is Health & Fitness Club Holmes Place. Our guests have the opportunity to avail themselves of the club's many fitness and wellness facilities for a special price of EUR 15.00
(tanning studio, massages and all special treatments are not included).
- Are reservations possible without a credit card? For online bookings using our hotel website, we only accept credit cards. Should you make arrangements by phone or e-mail, you will also be able to guarantee your booking by means of electronic bank transfer.
- Do you serve foods suitable for guests with lactose, gluten and/or wheat-flour intolerances as well as diabetics? Our standard breakfast buffet offers a selection of foods for guests with special requirements. If you have any particular wishes, please don't hesitate to contact us and let us know.
- Is there a laundry, ironing and cleaning service? If you hand your laundry over at the reception by 10 a.m., it will be returned to you that same day by about 8 in the evening.
- How can I go about borrowing a bicycle? Our reception will be happy to help you rent a bicycle.
- Is there a room for luggage storage? You are welcome to store your suitcases in our secure luggage room, both before check-in on your arrival day as well as on departure day after check-out.
- Are hot drinks available in the room? Equipment for preparing coffee and tea is provided in every room.
- Does the hotel have a computer where guests can also make print-offs? In our Business Center in the lobby, you will find a computer as well as a printer you can use to print off documents (boarding passes etc.).
- Can I order sightseeing tours or airport taxis? Our reception can make all the arrangements for the Vienna Card – Hop On Hop Off tickets – guided tour tickets – Danube river cruises – concert tickets – airport transfers and more. If you wish, even before you arrive at the hotel.
- Forget to pack something? Toothbrushes, nail files, shower caps, changing equipment, plasters, shower gel, hygiene articles for women, shoe-cleaning sets, shoehorns, sewing kits and umbrellas are all available at the reception.
- Breakfast buffet at the hotel? In the morning, enjoy a wide selection of delicious foods in our breakfast restaurant.
- Lunch and dinner at and close to the hotel? We are happy to recommend nearby restaurants for Viennese cuisine, pizza, pasta, sushi, Chinese etc. You can also order meals for delivery right to your room.
- Safety for you and accompanying family members: The hotel meets all of the local safety regulations and guidelines. Should you have any health concerns, we are more than happy to make arrangements for the assistance of a physician or pharmacist.
- How can I send post and/or packages during my stay? Our reception will be happy to help you take care of your mailing needs.
- What plugs to I need for my electronic devices? At the reception you can borrow voltage adapters (220 Volt) as well as rechargers for mobile phones.